Friday, January 10, 2020

Story No. 1


I woke up this morning, you were breathing warmly on my shoulder. It’s not that I wasn’t able to sleep but having you next to me hinders me from a deep sleep abandoning my senses.
The warmth of your body keeps me away from the cold. I wonder what you are dreaming, so I look at you intently. I notice your lips partly open breathing at the same rhythm; your face is calm it makes me smile carelessly.
I slip between the sheets trying not to wake you, but you hold me tight and kiss my forehead, neck, lips with softness only you can have.
I remember the day we met, how your eyes grabbed me searing your face unto me. I couldn’t stop looking at you, and when you looked at me I couldn’t stand such intensity, like flaming honey spilling from your eyes…
And when you looked at me closely my entire body trembled with excitement, in one breath I inhaled the whole world. I tried to calm myself, you noticed but I didn’t realize.
You then decided to speak to me.
And that’s how the story of my life changed drastically. You became my breath in the mornings, the thought in my every day, the smile and the touch I only imagined in solitude.
I dream of you; I hear your voice.
There is always a part of you within me. My way through the world it’s surrounded by your memories. You have walked with me the streets I once roamed alone, adding your beautiful smile to the music store windows that I looked at only on the outside.

When you said you cared for me I vanished inside, the words sank in my ears like the notes in a beautiful sonata.

When you shyly said I love you, a symphony teared apart my senses, swooned me to your lips intoxicating me with sweetness.

Time extends as we walk, with the moon dancing above us.

You make me feel so many things I didn’t know existed.

Every day I fall in love even more with the tone of your voice, your candid expressions, your nagging to my whims, the way you hold me and how I feel your arms are the safest place in the world. My face burrows in your neck, breathing you as much as I can, trying to keep your scent in a small drawer of my memory, so I can pull it out once in a while; when I miss you greatly.

I can’t wait to have you with me.

Sitting on the table with your hands on your face, the cigarette on; consuming. Your eyes are shut tight; you’re whispering words I can’t comprehend.
You listen to the sounds of my bell and raise your head up. The smile in your face brightens the room. I come near you. I’ve missed you so. I rub my face against yours while you laugh, but there is something different in your eyes.

The sky starts crying. Tears fall with poetic harshness. The wind blows the papers on your desk, I try to make you ignore them, and now a tear runs down your face. Everybody is crying and I don’t know how to do that. You look at me again; I tilt my head softly as you pet me…
I’m sorry, you say. And everything turns to madness.
You leave under the rain with boxes, all I have left is one of your old shirts that was left on the floor, it’s my favorite one, the one you used the day we meet, remember?

It smells like you. I sleep on it ever since you left.

It reminds me of the nights I would sleep on your chest. I’m reliving the memories right now. When you would tell me your secrets and my pointy ears would be charmed with the coming and going of your voice.

You’ll be back soon.

Right?

I spend my afternoons looking out the window and hope to see you walk towards the entrance with a surprise for me, there’s no more furniture to scratch, so I sharpen my nails on the window sill as I wait.

You have not returned and a woman has brought her belongings. She has taken me in, treats me gently and even gave me a cute nickname, I won’t believe you are not coming back to get me.
Everything will be as before.
We’ll sleep together, you’ll breathe on my back, warm my body during winter, tell me your secrets and I’ll make you happy with the sound of my bell, even though I lost it.

You are going to have to buy me another one ok?

I promise I won’t go anywhere else so you can find me. I want to feel that nothing else matters as long as I can look at your eyes once more.

I love you.



No comments:

Letter to a dream…

Just now when the moon is my only companion, with her glimmering rays the wind whispers every letter of his name and with each one there i...